Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Barrie Skate Day



Enjoying the city of Barrie - the place I've called home for the past 11 years - isn't something I've done much of...until recently. The Healing Oasis wellness center and Cafe of Life Family Chiropractic Studio joined forces and hands and held our first Skate Day at the Holly Community Center.

To call it beautiful would only be skimming the surface of such a wonderful facility that we are privileged to have access to. It was only an hour but we made some great new friends, shared some wonderful laughs, and for me (and most of the other adults I'm sure) laced on a pair of skates for the first time in many, many years.

Having grown up in the North, being on ice was a natural part of my childhood; from figure skating and hockey to drilling holes in it to catch some fish. And when I took those first few tentative steps on the ice I was immediately taken back to those carefree days when life was easy (although I didn't know it at the time!). I watched the young children squealing with delight at trying something new and the sense of freedom on their faces as they glided easily across the surface, and I saw the joy and contentment in their parents' faces as they pushed the little ones around and I thought, "what a wonderful opportunity to share some peaceful, easy feeling moments with some great friends". So here's to the "easy" life and knowing that it can come at any time in any circumstance - it's just "seeing" it that is key.

We hope to see you at our next Skate Day.

Yours in health and wellness,

Lee Anne

1 comment:

  1. looks like everyone had a great time!!! love the pics.

    ReplyDelete